Posts Tagged ‘online dating’
by Topdatingtips.com editors
Writing personal ads should be considered an art in its own right. For decades personal ads have appeared in magazines and newspapers all over the world, and for decades people have struggled to describe themselves in 25 words or less. It is difficult, impossible really, to fully sum up one’s essence in just a few lines, including likes, dislikes, interests and goals. These days the top quality dating sites offer more sophisticated personal ads, which are usually called profiles. Unlike the older personal ads in newspapers, modern profiles are detailed and in-depth and often help the user to build his or her description by taking a test or answering a series of questions. Even though describing yourself to a virtual stranger will always be difficult, making a free profile and getting yourself in the dating scene can be done if you follow our advice.
If you want to get the best of your personal ads membership, try to present the right image and get people to interact with you by chatting daily, make note of these 10 personal ad tips:
- An obvious one – complete your personal ad profile fully. And accurately! There is nothing worse for a browsing member than spending their quality time opening your profile only to find your profile is full of Ask Me statements. So … Be informative, be complete, be thorough, be interesting.
- Add a photograph or two or even four! Amazingly, members with photos in their personal ads are likely to get up to 9 times more replies than members without any photo image attached to their profile. Okay, so even if we aren’t all photogenic models, any photo is far better than none at all.
- Don’t be aggressive or rude in personal ads. It may be your sense of humor to be sarcastic or cutting, but it doesn’t always come across best in anonymous text. Biting humor in the first instance will not usually attract the desired attention, even if it’s meant to be amusing. That comes once you are chatting face to face.
- You may have had a bad experience with a previous partner, but making a list of specific criteria a future partner must meet usually has the effect of making people look elsewhere. Even if they match! We all seek Mr. and Miss Right, but turning dating into a job interview removes every ounce of romance and passion from the occasion.
- No matter how you speak in your day-to-day life, don’t use swear or curse words in your profile, personal ad, conversations or emails! They are generally offensive and turn people off. Again, swearing is like sarcasm — people may find your colorful language charming in face-to-face conversations, but without context your cursing may make you seem uneducated or angry.
- Make your personal ad truthful above all things, but also emphasize your best characteristics. Admitting that you are a loner who has no friends will not win you many admirers, but emphasizing that you are a true individual will. Learning to sell yourself a bit without exaggerating is your best bet.
- If you really feel passionate about something say so, don’t try and hide the things that are important to you. If you love partying say so, if your religion is important to you, say so. Be yourself, and be upfront with who you are.
- Do not pretend that you are willing to fly half way round the world to meet someone if you are not. It’s not fair to anyone including you. If you are really only looking for someone in your state or close to home then stick with that and make it clear.
- Always try and reply to people’s messages and reply in a reasonable amount of time, not weeks later. If you are serious about dating, you are serious about replying to personal messages. Give people the ability to move on to other potential partners if you are not interested. Conversely, don’t email someone weeks later and not expect that they haven’t written you off!
- Be positive! The more you project a friendly and positive attitude, the more likely people are going to be attracted to you. Smile in your photo and be inviting in your chats and comments. People who seem bitter, negative or conceited push others away — people on dating websites are often sensitive to rejection, so who would want to take a chance getting to know someone who may end up being cruel or mean?
Be patient, it takes time to find someone special using personal ads but it does work. After all, it’s just that one special person that you wish to meet. Sometimes you need to chat to quite a few people first. Know that the missteps and fizzles in chemistry are part of the process. Take your time to complete your personal ads, take your time to chat with many different people, and take your time to get to know someone well. It’s all part of moving toward the day when you find that special someone.
Editorial reference: LINK
Meet singles locally Free Membership, LINK
The truth is, there are no magic formulas, no fail-proof tricks, no cunning ways of trapping Mr. or Miss Right. There are however some essential facts that you should always bear in mind along the way. Dating tips are just that — tips, not one-size-fits-all guarantees. Different tacks will work for different people. It depends on the situation, who we are, where we are in our lives, etc. However, there are some threads of advice that are fairly universal and can benefit anyone who practices them:
Top 10 Dating Tips
- Get prepared for dating. If you really want to succeed in the dating game, be ready to commit to dating. Half-heartedness won’t work. In fact, it won’t even get you half-way. If you really want to date, put some effort into it. Do some research and think about what you want out of dating. Prepare yourself for the inevitable rejection we all face at some point in dating and commit not to give up.
- Get your act together. Begin a regime of looking your best. Join a gym, read health magazines, get fit and start a diet. Get your hair cut or styled and begin a new regime of good grooming or beauty treatment. Though it will not find you a date in itself, you will feel a million times more confident about yourself, and others can sense that.
- Go shopping and treat yourself to new clothes and even a whole new look. Get your image right, one that you can manage and live with, but one that flatters you. Don’t try to be someone you’re not, but amplify and accentuate your positives. Throw out those tired jeans, old sweaters or cardigans and spruce yourself up. Your date will appreciate that you demonstrated some effort.
- Think about what you want to gain from dating and what timeframes you expect. Do you see yourself married within 2 years? If you do, then approach dating accordingly. If you are more laid back and don’t take dating too seriously then ask yourself some honest questions about why you are dating and what you hope to achieve. If it is purely sex then ask yourself if you are about to be honest with those you hope to date.
- Surround yourself with people who will support your dating aims. By following the first four tips you will feel better and be more focused. Don’t sabotage this by sitting around with friends who are negative about love and relationships (often the married ones). Start attending social functions frequented by singles. Sitting alongside couples at dinner parties in suburbia is not necessarily where you need to be right now.
- Choose those you have a good chance of dating. Be realistic. In other words, your dating is based on the whole package you present as well as just your personality. If you are looking for a glamour girl or boy and want to date someone trendy and gorgeous, great! Just know that others will expect you to be the same.
- Join clubs, societies, sports events, drama groups — anything that might help you meet like-minded potential partners. You will not meet people by staying indoors and playing video games – many have tried and failed at this approach.
- Take time off from dating occasionally if it’s not going well or causing dating fatigue. Recharging your batteries and keeping confidence and optimism levels high is an absolute must. We all hit rough patches, but don’t let your search for love become a death march. Date in phases if necessary.
- Enjoy dating for what it is, dating. It is meeting people and socializing and spending time in the company of stimulating individuals who may or may not play a bigger part in your life down the road. The fact is, most people have something interesting to offer. While you may not be out on the dating scene looking for new friends, you may well find one or two fabulous people along the way.
- Never make yourself too available. People like mystery and enigma and the thrill of the chase when dating. As part of keeping up the mystery, do not sleep with your dates early on. The longer a person is made to chase and fall for you within reason, the more likely that love may blossom. (And yes, this goes for both men AND women!) If the chemistry peaks too early, your emotions may never have time to catch up and the relationship will eventually wither away.
Editorial reference: LINK
Meet singles locally Free Membership, LINK
by Peter Tremblay
Are you a guy who is looking for support in their dating life? Check out The Canadian’s new 4-set Seduction CD that was developed by a world renowned Image Consultant, Psychologist and Motivational Speaker, who is also a Certified Dating Coach who has his own FM Radio Show. Our Seduction program has successfully helped over 50,000 men conquer their fears and relationships with women.
This CD-set is a pioneering in the field of human relations and from the world’s leading Seduction and Dating authority. For the past 10 years, the coordinators of this program have dedicated their lives to empowering both men and women to take action to transform their lives. It will give you the knowledge to attract ANY woman you want, anytime, anywhere!
Inside You Will Learn:
• How to attract women
• How to approach women
• How to talk to women
• How to meet women
• How to get phone numbers within 3 minutes!
• How to get dates
• How to seduce women
• How to pick up any woman you want anytime, anywhere
• How to understand women
• Why women play games
• What women want in a man
• How to become her dream date
• How to create chemistry
• How to get women to fall madly in love with you!
And much, much more…
Drop us a line about our ‘Online’ Dating Doctor services.
Order the CD package and get our ‘Online’ Dating Doctor services two weeks for FREE.
The Canadian Seduction CD Series – $75.00
||The 4 CD’s that started the revolution! If you’re on a budget but want to achieve amazing success with attracting, meeting and dating beautiful women, buy the Seduction CD Set right now. Shipped, within 14 business days. Shipping costs depend on your mailing address.|
Our Satisfaction Guarantee. We would give you an additional 4 weeks Dating Coach services plus a one month membership in Activelife Singles if applying the lessons in our CD package does not improve your dating life.
Actlivelife Singles: LINK
Alternatively, for transgendered communities and Tgirl admirers we offer Tgirl and Admirers Connections, LINK
Featured LINK. Online dating. Alternative Lifestyles Personals. Free and Anonymous Membership